Here you will find letters from people offering travel advice for Diabetics
Rachel Went to China
Here is a travel guide that Rach wrote after her trip to China.
This advice was offered from Magdalena
Vacationing is essential for a relaxing time, for you that time may seem difficult with a diabetic in the household. So I've offered some tips on how to make your vacation a pleasureful one , filled with no worry.
Tips for Traveling:
- Bring comfortable shoes, with no broken soles, or material, for a comfortable walk.
- Never leave your home, hotel,motel , or the place your staying, without a bottle of water. You never know when you'll get a high reaction.
- Never leave the place you're staying without all your supplies ( tester, glucose tabs, etc.)
- Glucose tablets
- Blood Sugar tester
- Juice boxes
- Insulin bottles
- Your Logbook
- Insulin shot, syringes, or pen
- Antiseptic Swabs
- Calculator ( to calculate your insulin, if you need help)
This goes for theme parks,flying, and anywhere else you might be going. These supplies should also be brought with you wherever you go, even the Grocery Store.